Full-time Porto, Portugal
Savvy Mobility, a product by Losch Digital Lab S.à r.l., is a state-of-the-art On Demand Mobility Platform for cities and operators to run flexible transport. Savvy is the main initiative of Losch Group in Luxembourg to provide technology for pooled and sustainable transport.
Our IT and project team is in Luxembourg and Oporto and manages hundreds of vehicles for clients throughout Europe.
Our mission at Savvy is to make sure that no vehicle runs emptier than it should. Our software to do that consists of a powerful real-time booking and dispatching algorithm, a versatile passenger app (Savvy Rider), an intuitive driver app (Savvy Driver), a configurable admin panel backend for operators and dispatchers (Savvy Manager), as well as a web-booking frontend.
What is the role
• You assist our App Team primary on Savvy Rider App (React Native, Android and iOS) but also Savvy Driver App (Android)
• You implement scalable processes and best practises to deploy in iOS (App Store) + Android (Play Store) environments including white-labelled Apps
• You connect these Apps seamlessly to our Java backend using Typescript
• You customise our Apps by integrating different payment service providers, ticketing solutions, and/or transport feeds
• You contribute to and improve our testing + CI/CD with our QA Engineers
• You continuously improve our UX/UI in close collaboration with our Product Team and translate their Figma prototypes into working Apps
Who you are
• You have 2+ years of experience as a software engineer with a focus on App Development using React Native + Typescript with scrum methodology
• You have worked for a SaaS company or technology start-up involving a high pace of new feature releases but also systematic testing
• You have a notion of software architecture and rest APIs, Java, and SQL
• Experience in integrating payment service providers is a plus
• Your natural focus falls on clean code and automated testing
• You are a team player with excellent interpersonal communication skills
• You are fluent in English
• Any other European language is a further plus
At Savvy, we are driven by the following values:
• Sustainability: United in our passion for innovative technology, we work for a more sustainable world and an efficient and inclusive use of resources in transport
• Respect: We live a culture of mutual respect and tolerance at the workplace
• Communication: We overcomunicate and actively ask for information and constructive feedback. This is how we get most out of a diverse, international and partially remote team
• Team: When we succeed, we do so as team and when we fail, we fail as a team. But we embrace failure as a part of innovation and always strive to learn together
• Success: Our effort goes into making our clients successful through our solutions as the best guarantee of our own success. We celebrate every success
• Efficiency: As a company providing state-of-the-art optimisation, we strive to continuously improve the cost basis of our solutions and apply synergies with partners where possible. We ensure no vehicle runs emptier than it should.
What do we offer
• You will have a unique possibility to shape the future of mobility and become a crucial part in how Savvy contributes to it
• Our team is small but talented where everybody has an important degree of responsibility while colleagues are always approachable to help out
• We invest in our team members’ growth with a dedicated training budget for skills to remain state-of-the-art and your curiosity served
• We hold regular in person workshops and team activities to nurture our company culture across the different locations of the team
• We provide clear career paths and define challenging yet feasible goals that will allow you to grow into your next professional role
• Competitive salary and flexible employment in Kockelscheuer (LU), Oporto (PT) and the option to work remotely.