Quality Assurance Engineer
Full-time Porto, Portugal
Savvy Mobility, a product by Losch Digital Lab S.à r.l., is a state-of-the-art On Demand Mobility Platform for cities and operators to run flexible transport. Savvy is the main initiative of Losch Group in Luxembourg to provide technology for pooled and sustainable transport. Our IT and project team is in Luxembourg and Oporto manages hundreds of vehicles for clients throughout Europe.
What is the role
• Own, implement, and improve all the automatic tests in our applications
• Java backend
• Android and React Native mobile apps
• React web application
• Design robust load testing and e2e scripts to ensure our solution can scale
• Oversee the quality of the releases of our software in a SaaS/continuous development environment and implement corresponding QA processes
• Test and approve/reject developments prior to release
• Write new tests and improve existing ones around fallback solutions for our critical data exports such as financial data
Who you are
• You have 2+ years of experience in software development focused on QA
• You have worked for a SaaS company or technology start-up
• You bring a solid understanding of software architecture
• You have experience with Java and SQL
• Your natural focus falls on system stability and incident prevention
• You are a team worker with excellent interpersonal communication skills
• You are fluent in English
• Any other European language is a further plus
What is Savvy?
Savvy is all about pooling and our mission make sure that no vehicle runs emptier than it should. For that we have built a turnkey software to run demand-responsive transport consisting of a powerful real-time booking and dispatching algorithm, a versatile passenger app, an intuitive driver app, a configurable admin panel backend for operators and dispatchers, as well as a web-booking frontend.
At Savvy, we are driven by the following values:
• Sustainability: United in our passion for innovative technology, we work for a more sustainable world and an efficient and inclusive use of resources in transport
• Respect: We live a culture of mutual respect and tolerance at the workplace
• Communication: We overcommunicate and actively ask for information and constructive feedback. This is how we get most out of a diverse, international and partially remote team
• Team: When we succeed, we do so as team and when we fail, we fail as a team. But we embrace failure as a part of innovation and always strive to learn together
• Success: Our effort goes into making our clients successful through our solutions as the best guarantee of our own success. We celebrate every success
• Efficiency: As a company providing state-of-the-art optimisation, we strive to continuously improve the cost basis of our solutions and apply synergies with partners where possible. We ensure no vehicle runs emptier than it should.
What do we offer
• You will have a unique possibility to shape the future of mobility and become a crucial part in how Savvy contributes to it
• Our team is small but talented where everybody has an important degree of responsibility while colleagues are always approachable to help out
• We invest in our team members’ growth with a dedicated training budget for skills to remain state-of-the-art and your curiosity served
• We hold regular in person workshops and team activities to nurture our company culture across the different locations of the team
• We provide clear career paths and define challenging yet feasible goals that will allow you to grow into your next professional role
• Competitive salary and flexible employment in Kockelscheuer (LU), Oporto (PT) and the option to work remotely.